What is a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture)? CSA's are an alternative way of connecting farmers and consumers that insures fresher, better quality, healthier food for the consumer and a guaranteed market for the farmer. Individuals, couples and families sign up in the winter to receive a weekly share of the vegetable harvest during the growing season.
Overall, belonging to a CSA is not simply about getting great vegetables. It's about being part of a movement that is boosting local economies as well as reclaiming healthy food, unspoiled land, air and water for ourselves and generations to come.
See list below of vegetables typically included in a Share.
* Non-working members enjoy the convenience of picking up their share of vegetables each week at our Farm outside of Bath or at pick-up points in Corning or Hornell.
* Working members appreciate cultivating their gardening skills in a beautiful environment with others who appreciate healthy living. The fresh air, exercise and community of kind hearts bring people back year after year to help plant, grow, weed, and harvest delicious veggies together.
* Working members must indicate when they'd like to work - either Monday evenings from 5-7pm or Thursday mornings from 10am-noon (June 18th - Oct 18th). We ask working members to commit to one of those time slots for the whole growing season. If you are out of town and miss your work time, you can simply forfeit your vegetables for that week. Or you can ask someone else to work for you and have them pick-up your veggies.
* A 50% deposit is due as soon as possible to reserve your share (with a check or credit card).
Balance is due by April 1st. If you are able to pay in full when you sign up, we'd really appreciate it.
* Shares are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Shares go fast; so, please be in touch
today to reserve your Share.
* To place your deposit or pay in full, please call 607-776-4060 with your credit card information
(VS/MC/AMX/DSC), or go to this PayPal link: 2013 CSA Payment or send a check made out to the
PeaceWeavers at 8125 Crouse Road, Bath, NY 14810.
FYI ~ All members will receive weekly recipes & tips on cooking from our vegan chefs who serve visitors at our retreat center.
Please be in touch with us if you have any questions - 607-776-4060. We look forward to growing and harvesting with you this year!
Best wishes for your wellness from all of us on the Farm,
Beth, Coby, Willow, Al, Kylie, Kevin, Kate, August, Wendy, Stefanie and Greg Lynn
Below is a list of vegetables we grow and that you're likely to receive in your Share. Some of the items listed are more available at the beginning or end of each month. Weekly shares will be smaller in the beginning of the season and larger as the days grow warmer.
Veggies typically harvested in June
Veggies typically harvested in July
Sugar snap peas
Patty pan squash
Basil - green & purple
Veggies typically harvested in September
Potatoes - red, white or Keuka Gold
Patty pan squash
Veggies typically harvested in October
Winter squash - spaghetti, acorn, butternut, delicatta, carnival